Reliance Jio is on the verge to launch its prices and to price its initial GigaFiber package around Rs 600 per month and the offer is likely to combine the broadband service with landline and television services, Mint reported citing sources. The price effectively is half of what other cable operators charge for similar type of services.
Reliance Jio is currently under its beta phase where it is doing couple of pilot projects in couple of cities like New Delhi and Mumbai, providing 100 gigabytes (GB) of data at 100 megabytes per second (mbps) for free, except for the Rs 4,500 one-time deposit for a router.
Reliance Jio made its first announcement of broadband service GigaFiber way back in August 2018. At the last year annual general meeting of parent company Reliance Industries Ltd in July, chairman Mukesh Ambani, India’s richest person, had made couple of big announcements that GigaFiber will be the largest greenfield fixed-line broadband roll out globally, with big bang simultaneous launch in over 1,100 cities across the country.
“With local cable operators now as part of the Jio ecosystem, we look forward to bringing Jio’s advanced JioGigaFiber and Smart Home Solutions to more Indian homes, even quicker,” Ambani said in the statement in August 2018.
JioGigaFiber Expected offer
- GigaFiber will provide 100 gigabytes (GB) of data at 100 megabytes per second (mbps) for free.
- Telephone Landline and television services will be active after span of three months.
- All the services will remain free of cost for a one year
- Reliance Jio GigaFiber will also provide an option to connect to 40 devices at your residence to its smart home network for a price of up to Rs 1,000.
Benefits and Advantages of Reliance JioGigaFiber
- The landline will come with unlimited calling facility, television channels will be delivered over the internet (Internet Protocol Television).
- Jio GigaFiber will provide features like Ultra HD entertainment on TV, voice-enabled virtual assistant, multi-party video conferencing, virtual reality gaming and Augmented Reality shopping, and smart home solutions.
Registration of Reliance JioGigaFiber
- Registrations for Jio GigaFiber had already opened in August, 2018 soon after its formal announcement at Relaince AGM. Those who are looking to register please visit: gigafiber.jio.com/registration for the registration.
- Reliance disrupted India’s telecoms sector when it launched telecoms unit Jio in late 2016 with cut-price mobile data plans and free voice calls.
Impact on competitors
With the introduction of Relaince Jio GigaFiber in the broadband space, the competition is expected to increase multifold and BSNL, which is the biggest telecom opertor in the market with over 9.30 million users in India. Other telecom, D2H providers and broadband companies have also come up with new aggresive plans, discount offers and benefits for their subscribers so as to gain more customer base, retention and acquire more customers.