Indian Railways Now Enables QR-Code Based Ticket Booking; Indian Railways has been on the digitization path for decades and was one of the first government agencies to take its operations online through IRCTC. The latest digitization move comes as the railways now let travelers book unreserved tickets at the last minute.
Indian Railways To Introduce 150 Private Trains By 2024
Travelers can get their tickets effortlessly subsequent to checking the QR code given at the referenced stations by utilizing UTS application on their smartphone
Indian Railways to ban Single-use Plastic Material on Trains and Stations from Oct 2
Indian Railways has been on the digitization way for quite a long time and was one of the principal government organizations to take its activities online through IRCTC. The most recent digitization move comes as the Indian railways presently give explorers a chance to book open tickets finally.
1. Travelers can undoubtedly get paperless unreserved mobile tickets at 12 prime railways stations in India.
2. The clients can book the tickets by means of a UTS application and select QR booking.
3. NPCI has as of late affirmed a proposition to give tax incentives on QR-based exchanges by one year from now.
How Will QR-Code Based Ticket Booking Work?
As per the North Western Railway, Chief Public Relations Officer, Abhay Sharma, the process is very simple.
- Open UTS Application from Indian Railways, which can be utilized for booking open train tickets.
- Under the Book Ticket Menu, there will be a Menu choice of QR based Booking.
- Now when you visiting the railway station go where QR Codes are given, and afterward examine the QR Code by means of your UTS Application.
- Select the journey where you want to travel and fill other important details.
- After that payment, you need to make so you will get the ticket produced immediately.
Indian Railways Will Now Install A Panic Button In Trains, to take Women’s Safety to next level
UTS App for Paperless Ticket Reservation
UTS Mobile application was first unveiled in 2016, for booking open train tickets at the railway stations.
As a safety effort, the traveler had the option to book an open train ticket just when they were 50-60 meters from the railway track.
This was done to reduce the black marketing of open train tickets since there is a tremendous response.
Yet at this point, this QR Code based railway tickets have been introduced, it will be helpful for the travelers to produce their tickets, easily and quickly.