Indian Railways Now Enables QR-Code Based Ticket Booking; Indian Railways has been on the digitization path for decades and was one of the first government agencies to take its operations online through IRCTC. The latest digitization move comes as the railways now lets travelers book unreserved tickets at the last minute.
Passengers can get their tickets with ease after scanning the QR code issued at the mentioned stations by using UTS app on mobile.
Indian Railways has been on the digitization path for decades and was one of the first government agencies to take its operations online through IRCTC. The latest digitization move comes as the railways now lets travelers book unreserved tickets at the last minute.
1. Passengers can easily obtain paperless unreserved mobile tickets at 12 important stations.
2. The users can book the tickets via UTS application and select QR booking.
3. NPCI has recently approved a proposal to give tax incentives on QR-based transactions by next year.
How Will QR-Code Based Ticket Booking Work?
As per North Western Railway, Chief Public Relations Officer, Abhay Sharma, the process is very simple.
- Open UTS Application from Indian Railways, which can be used for booking unreserved train tickets.
- Under the Book Ticket Menu, there will be an Menu option of QR based Booking
- Now, visit the railway station where QR Codes are provided, and then scan the QR Code via your UTS Application.
- Select the destination and fill other relevant details.
- After that payment you have to make so you will get the ticket generated instantly.
UTS App for Paperless Ticket Reservation
UTS Mobile app was launched in 2016, for booking unreserved train tickets at the railway stations.
As a security measure, the passenger was able to book an unreserved train ticket only when they were 50-60 meters away from the railway track.
This was done to avoid black marketing of unreserved train tickets, since there is always heavy rush.
However now, this QR Code based railways tickets have been launched, it will be very convenient for the passengers to generate their tickets, instantly.